Susan May Warren concludes her series set in Deep Haven, Minnesota, featuring the six adult children in the Christiansen family and their relationships. Each book opens with a letter from their mother, giving insight into the main character. Owen has been the prodigal since the second book in the series, but he is “more than the sum of his mistakes” (back cover).
In You’re the One That I Want, Owen Christiansen works on an Alaskan crabbing boat, and becomes attracted to the no-nonsense Elisa “Scotty” McFlynn, the captain’s daughter and former police officer. A near-death accident at sea changes their relationship.
<See MY FULL REVIEW>
More than just romances, these are stories of flawed individuals with very messy lives and life-changing mistakes. God teaches them about forgiveness of others and themselves. Warren uses these imperfect lives to teach the reader about God’s gift of grace and that strength it takes to live a life of faith.
Have you read the other books in this series? Here are my reviews:
- The Wonder of You / by Susan May Warren (Christiansen Family, 5)
- Always on My Mind / by Susan May Warren (Christiansen Family, 4)
- Evergreen / by Susan May Warren (Christiansen Winter Novella)
- When I Fall in Love / by Susan May Warren (Christiansen Family, 3)
- Take a Chance on Me / by Susan May Warren (Christiansen Family, 2)
- It Had to Be You / by Susan May Warren (Christiansen Family, 1)
Watch for Susan May Warren’s new series, coming in Fall 2016.